Getting Pregnant With PCOS NaturallyGetting pregnant with PCOS is possible when you chose a natural approach to support your reproductive health.
It is not clear why women develop polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) but this condition can affect your ability to get pregnant naturally if it remains untreated. Most women who have PCOS experience hormonal imbalance, missed periods, and cysts on the ovaries. This can affect fertility and pregnancy.
Getting pregnant with PCOS involves using natural therapies like herbal remedies, natural progesterone therapy, self-fertility massage, castor oil therapy and nutrition can help you balance your hormones and address polycystic ovarian syndrome naturally without the side effects of fertility drugs.
In most cases getting pregnant with PCOS becomes a problem due to the following reasons:
1. Not ovulating regularly every month making it hard for you to get pregnant
2. Having irregular periods, either too short or too long.
3. Experiencing completely absent periods for over three months.
4. Having small ovarian cysts of 2-9 mm in diameter. The eggs do not mature properly.
5. Having immature follicles. Polycystic ovaries contain many small antral follicles containing eggs, which do not develop or mature and are not released at ovulation.
Getting Pregnant With PCOS NaturallyBefore resorting to fertility drugs and fertility treatments that can pose severe side effects and that can further put your hormonal levels in even greater imbalance, try a natural approach.
Your chance of getting pregnant with PCOS using natural fertility treatments is very good provided that you follow them consistently. The great majority of women with polycystic ovarian syndrome will be able to conceive and have healthy babies. Getting pregnant with PCOS is possible once you follow this step-by-step program:
STEP 1: Diet For PCOSWomen with PCOS should follow a specific diet in order to increase their chances of conception. Insulin resistance is one important aspect of PCOS, which increases the insulin levels in the blood and inhibits ovulation or impairs the maturation of viable eggs.
This is way women with PCOS rarely ovulate and may have poor egg quality. Furthermore, they may have an increased rate of miscarriage and a difficult embryo implantation process if they do get pregnant. The first easy step to address this condition naturally is to follow these dietary guidelines :
1. Eat small meals, every 3 hours. Make sure to start breakfast with a small amount of protein and have protein with each meal.
2. Only eat wholesome carbohydrates (no refined flours or sugars) and in limited amount per serving. Do not eat carbs at each meal, limit one portion once a day. Avoid wheat. Eat more natural grains like millet, spelt, quinoa (better if sprouted).
3. Always have high fiber vegetables with each meal. Take fiber supplements if you need extra fiber. Aim for a minimum of 35 grams of fiber a day.
4. Eat foods with low glycemic index (GI) at each meal. 80% of your meal should be a low GI food.
5. Use coconut oil or oil of olive when cooking. Avoid or limit butter and absolutely do not eat margarine or any hydrogenated fats. Do not eat fried foods. Use only raw extra-virgin oil of olive as condiment.
6. Drink juices that are freshly squeezed or juiced with juicer. Have a fertility smoothie every day. If you have irregular blood sugar or insulin resistance, do not eat fruits high in sugar like bananas and grapes. Apples, oranges, pears, peaches, apricots, berries and grapefruits are good choices. Do not eat fruits after 3:00 PM to avoid weigh gain.
7. Avoid foods containing hormones and antibiotics. Eat free range and grass feed meets, dairy (limit cheese and milk to a few times a week) and eggs.
8. Do not drink alcohol, coffee or black tea.
9. Introduce magnesium and chromium ionic minerals to balance blood sugar.
10. Improve egg quality by eating these foods: Royal Jelly, Maca, Spirulina, CoQ10, L-arginine, Wheat grass, berries, dark leaf vegetables, pumpkin seeds, wild fish like salmon. Avoid, sugar, process foods, alcohol, cigarette smoking, trans fats, and stress.
Step 2: Fertility Cleansing for PCOSFollow a fertility cleanse to eliminate excess hormones, cleanse the liver and the uterus. This should be done for at least 2 months.
I would recommend using The Fertility Cleanse Kit, which focuses on eliminating toxins from the body by supporting the liver in its function of blood purification. Getting pregnant with pcos is complicated if you have toxins in your body. The liver plays a very important part in the metabolism of sex hormones and insulin. When the liver if overloaded with toxins and impurities, it cannot properly make hormones resulting in poor hormonal balance and poor blood glucose control. Getting pregnant with PCOS involves balancing your sex hormones and your insulin levels. The herbs, vitamins and minerals in the fertility cleanse kit are specifically formulated to:
1. Detoxifying the liver
Chronic exposure to environmental toxins can impact your overall health, but especially your fertility.
A toxic overload can decrease egg quality, ovulation, cause irregular menstrual cycles, and even interfere with the healthy development of a growing fetus during pregnancy.
When you cleanse your liver, you also improve blood glucose levels and insulin resistance associated with PCOS.
2. Cleansing the Uterus
Many women, who suffer from PCOS, irregular cycles and hormonal imbalance, as well as endometriosis, PMS, fibroids, and painful menses, do not completely empty the full contents of the uterus during menstruation.
If your uterus is not completely cleansed at every cycle, old stagnant blood and toxins remains inside causing inflammation and increasing the risk of miscarriage if you get pregnant.
When getting pregnant with pcos you need to make sure your hormones are perfectly balanced. The fertility cleanse contains herbal remedies whose specific role is to increase circulation to the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes while cleansing the uterus from toxins and tissue debris.
Step 3: Self-Fertility MassageDo self -fertility massage with castor oil therapy. This easy to learn technique is really amazing when it comes to getting pregnant with PCOS.
I recommend the self-fertility massage DVD that shows you how to do acupressure, self-massage, castor oil packs and reflexology to increase your fertility and get pregnant.
Self-fertility massage helps infertility issues, such as:
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Blocked tubes
7. Irregular menses
Step 4: Follow The PCOS Fertility Kit ProgramThe therapies and supplements necessary to complete this program are part of the PCOS Fertility Kit. This kit includes:
1. Women's Whole Food Multivitamin to provide the body with the highest quality nutrition needed to support reproductive health. Vitamins and minerals derived from whole foods are easily assimilated and provide the best and most natural way to support hormonal balance for healthy egg production and regular ovulation.
2. Vitex Extract (Chaste Tree Berry) is one of the most powerful herbs for women's fertility. Vitex has been extensively studied in Germany for its ability to stimulate the pituitary gland to balance the production of LH and FSH, which in turn support optimal balance between estrogen, testosterone and progesterone.
Women with PCOS may have high prolactin, which is released by the pituitary gland. Vitex has provided evidence in clinical studies to decrease high levels of prolactin. Vitex supports hormonal balance through its effect on the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis correcting the problem at the source.
3. Natural Progesterone Cream supplements the body with progesterone after ovulation. This counteracts estrogen dominance that occurs with PCOS helping address poor ovulation, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, fibroids, irregular menses, PMS, and painful periods.
By using progesterone cream you are able to mimic a natural cycle and help the body to establish its own ovulatory pattern. When trying to conceive, natural progesterone cream should be applied only after ovulation has been detected from about day 14 to day 28 for those who have a regular cycle.
Natural progesterone cream contain bioidentical progesterone hormone that is safe, non-toxic and poses no side effects of common fertility drugs.
4. DIM to balance the hormones and to breakdown excess estrogen. Estrogen is one of the main causes of infertility. DIM supplement is Diindolylmethane, which is a phytonutrient found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, etc. DIM anti-cancer and anti-aging nutrients. It also helps relieve PMS symptoms, regulate the menstrual cycle by lowering the bad excess estrogen. Estrogen is a major cause fertility issues in women, such as PCOS, endometriosis, ovarian cysts. It is recommended to take 100 to 200 mg of DIM a day.
5. Essential fatty Acids to support health hormonal production, increase fertile cervical mucus production, promote ovulation, and decrease inflammation of the pelvic area.
In order to increase fertility and getting pregnant with pcos, your body needs flax oil and fish oil, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fats also contain DHA and EPA. These two fatty acids have been shown to play a crucial role during pregnancy and baby brain's development. A lack of DHA may be associated with premature birth, low birth weight and hyperactivity in children. Your body also needs Omega-6 fats, present in high quantities in Borage oil important to decrease pelvic inflammation often associated with pcos.
If you have been trying to conceive and have pcos, get the PCOS Fertility Kit. It's the best natural fertility kit I know that can really make a difference in your menstrual cycle while getting pregnant with pcos.
Return to Natural Health for Fertility Home Page
Copyright© 2009-2013 Natural-Health-for-Fertility.com Maria Gioia Atzori All rights reserved.