If your thyroid gland is out of balance, a natural thyroid treatment that is based on diet, herbs, homeopathy, hydrotherapy, detox, or yoga may be able to assist you.
An underactive thyroid diet should be rich of the following foods: 1. Include sea vegetables like dulse, kelp, nori, wakame because they have high iodine content.
2. You should also add spices like cinnamon, ginger, cayenne, and fennel to your diet. Eat 1/2 cup of Brazil nuts every day in order to obtain a natural amount of selenium. Also eating 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds help restore zinc and magnesium supplies.
3. Avoid animal proteins because they may contain hormones. Avoid fish because it may contain mercury, and avoid dairy because it can cause sensitivity.
4. Eat small amount but frequently to ensure nutrient assimilation, add digestive enzyme and hydrochloric acid to increase digestion.
5. Avoid smoke because it contains heavy metals like cadmium, which may be linked to autoimmune thyroid disease that decrease T3.
6. Do not drink water that has been chlorinate or fluorinated because it can interfere with iodine absorption. Do not drink alcohol, coffee and carbonated beverages like diet coke, etc.
7. Use a multivitamin formula which is a natural thyroid supplement containing zinc (50 mg), selenium (200mcg), chromium (200 mcg), manganese (30 mg), magnesium (400 mg), calcium (500 mg), alpha lipoic acid (300 mg), and B complex (50 mg).
8. If you have low iron take a natural iron supplement like Spatone iron or Floravit.
9. Natural thyroid remedies are good herbal tonics if include Kelp, Chlorella, Bladderwrack, Damiana, Wheatgrass, Ashwaganda to increase T4 production and Myrr to facilitate T4 to T3 conversion.
If you would like to know more about thyroid dysfunction and diet, Natural Thyroid Diet is a great ebook and companion for thyroid health. The foods that you eat can be affecting the functioning of your thyroid gland.
By learning what food you should eat and which one you should avoid in order to balance and support your thyroid gland you will feel better and get pregnant! It is quite simple, if you know how to do it.
The natural thyroid diet guide e-book is a good way to start a natural thyroid treatment. This easy to follow program was developed by Louise O'Connor, a leading high profile Naturopath from Australia that is considered an authority on natural thyroid health.
Reading these information can change your life by giving you vibrant health, energy and increase your chances of conceiving.
Herbal remedies can be very effective in treating thyroid problems especially when used in conjunction with a healthy diet that sopports thyroid function.
Here you can find more information on specific natural thyroid remedies here.
A natural thyroid treatment that uses reflexology has many positive effects on your overall health. When trying to conceive reflexology can help regulate the pituitary gland which affects both thyroid and ovarian function. In fact, the pituitary gland secretes TSH and FSH.
Reflexology works to bring balance both the thyroid and ovary reflexes on the feet.
On your foot, the thyroid reflex is located at the bottom of the big toe, while the ovary reflexes are located on the outside of each foot near the ankle.
To stimulate the thyroid gland a reflexiologist will apply firm pressure on these areas. By using your thumb, you can massage gently for about 3-5 minutes.
The following yoga video shows how to practice the fish pose for thyroid function. This pose helps stimulate and energize the thyroid gland allowing the release of stagnant energy and promote relaxation.
Practicing this poses 5 times one a day can help bring balance in the throat chakra helping improve thyroid function.
With hydrotherapy, the thyroid gland is stimulated by showering in warm-to-cold-to-warm water every morning for a few minutes. Soaking the feet in warm water with 2 tablespoons of sea salt a couple of times a week can also help the release of toxins.
Salt water Spiritual Treatment: Eliminate Negativity
When talking about natural thyroid treatment that can be very effective in re-balancing the thyroid gland, we cannot forget the beneficial effect of a whole body detox. The following are the main benefits of detoxification:
1. Infra-red saunas are great to help the body ride itself from heavy metals. Heavy metals when present tin high concentration in your body affect thyroid health interfering with the absorption of minerals and nutrients needed for proper thyroid function.
Large amounts of mercury can induce thyroid hyperactivity, while smaller amounts over a long period of time can be responsible for interfering with the making of thyroxin hormone(T4) and for the conversion of T4 to tri-iodothyronine (T3).
Also mercury is responsible for interfering with the metabolism of zinc and copper, whose presence is important in thyroid function. Detox is very important in helping the body eliminate heavy metals and help increase fertility.
Selenium is a mineral that not only works as a cofactor for the conversion of T4 to T3, but also protects from mercury toxic effects on the body.
2. Liver toxicity affects the thyroid.T4 and T3 are hormones that the body needs for normal organ function, including liver function. The thyroid hormones are made and regulated by the liver. Detoxifying the liver using herbal remedies like dandelion and milk thistle, taking supplements like alphalipoic acid, zinc, selenium and B vitamins helps eliminate excess estrogen.
3. Bowel toxicity is also connected to thyroid function. Increase the amount of water and fiber in your diet. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and do a bowel cleanse to decease toxic overload. Proper digestion is important in having a healthy thyroid.
Low hydrochloric acid in your digestive tract lead to poor absorption of iodine, zinc, iron and selenium causing hypothyroidism. Candida overgrowth is related to bowel toxicity, taking acidophilus supplements and doing a Candida cleanse will definitely help deal with bowel irritability and constipation associated with thyroid dysfunction.
Touching gently the thyroid gland for a few times in the morning and when feeling sluggish can help re-vitalize the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is associated with the throat chakra.
At the mental and emotional level, imbalances in this area of your body can be related to having difficulty with speaking one's truth and communicating one's feeling and creative expression.
Ask yourself if there is something you need communicate or express about yourself.
Autoimmune thyroid can be triggered by being sensitive to gluten or other food allergies.
Avoid gluten and other allergenic foods like dairy, corn, soy, etc.
Milk decreases the absorption of certain nutrient and increases the absorption of mercury.
Soy can be a toxin to thyroid sufferers. If you are not allergic, use it in moderation and only in a non-processed, fermented non-genetically engineered form.
Corn suppresses thyroid function and is the leading cause of insulin resistance and obesity.
The use of gemstones to promote relaxation and relieve negative emotions is another very effective natural thyroid treatment.
Lapis Lazuli regulates the thyroid gland, boosts immune system, reduces blood pressure and helps with depression, insomnia, headaches, neck and throat problems.
Turquoise increases creative expression and can calm the nerves when there is anxiety to speaking one's truth or when having to speak in from of an audience. It allows self-expression and aids in proper thyroid functioning. Place it on the throat or wear a turquoise necklace.
Rhodochrosite promotes thyroid balance, treats infections and helps the heart. This can be taken as a gem elixir.
Clear Quartz is an energy balancer and a general cleanser. Place 6 quartz points around the body (one at the head, on next to each shoulders, one next to each knee and one at the bottom of the feet). Set the point ward they to clear excess energy and stress from the body, then turn them inward to bring new clean energy.
If you have trouble getting pregnant, talk to your doctor about having your thyroid tested because thyroid dysfunction can affect ovulation and pregnancy.
All the above therapies are very helpful in conjunction with your regular doctor's recommendation. Before taking anything natural talk to your doctor first.
Natural fertility expert and emotion code practitioner, Maria Gioia Atzori explains how the energy of negative emotions can affect your ability to conceive. Learn how you can release your emotional baggage to get pregnant.
Return To Natural Health For Fertility Home Page