Recurrent Miscarriages And 40
Hi, I am now 41 I have previous 4 children with my ex-husband all healthy and no miscarriages. I am now remarried and would have loved a child with my husband.
I had my first miscarriage at 39 and have had 3 more since I have had tests at the hospital and everything seems fine, I have an underactive thyroid since my last live birth 12yrs ago but it is well managed and never had any problem. All my miscarriages have happened AT ONE AT 6weeks another at nearly 8weeks but had to go into hospital to have some medication as it would not come away and a couple at around 5 to 6weeks. All relatively early.
I was wondering if this is due to my previous c section 12yrs ago and have scaring or could this be due to my thyroid I know my age is a risk but I am healthy other wise and there seems no other help out there for me.
My new husband is now 47 he was 45 when I lost our first one he has been tested to and there is no problem.Answer:
It is possible that previous C-section can cause endometriosis to develop and this can prevent embryo implantation, but your doctor should be able to tell you this through testing.
Your thyroid gland can increase the risk of miscarriage, but when not treated or when it goes undetected, but you know about it and are managing it well.
Early miscarriages in couples otherwise healthy and over 40 can be due to many factors but I would like to focus on those that you can actually do something about it.
1. Follow a healthy diet for your fertility and to support your thyroid gland. If you don’t know how to eat for thyroid health read this e-book on the Natural Thyroid Diet
2. Take vitamins and essential fatty acids to support your immune system.
3. Have a daily fertility smoothie. A daily fertility
smoothie in couples who are trying to conceive can make a huge difference. You need adequate amounts of super foods, anti-oxidants, fiber and vitamins and minerals every day.
4. Support your hormonal balance with herbal remedies. Maintaining healthy estrogen and progesterone levels is very important in women who are over 40 as during this time these hormones tend to fluctuate, especially estrogen leading to poor ovarian function. Progesterone is also needed to support the second half of the menstrual cycle. Increased risk of miscarriage can be linked to short luteal phase in women over 40 and when the miscarriage are early on. To know how to know the length of your luteal phase, make sure to chart your cycle. Download my FREE guide To Fertility Charting
5. Detox (both you and your husband). When you reach 40 your body has accumulated more toxins over the years due to prescription medication, environmental pollution, food additives, etc. Eliminating toxins helps boost fertility and maintain healthy hormonal balance.
6. Take anti-oxidants to keep sperm and egg healthy. Anti-oxidants help prevent birth defects by keeping the genetic material of the egg and sperm intact. Increased maternal age and lack of anti-oxidants can be linked to increased miscarriage and birth defects.Natural Solutions
To get started I would recommend both you and your husband follow the fertility cleanse for two months (do not try to conceive during this time because your body is releasing toxins that can harm the embryo).
After the cleanse support your body with vitamins, anti-oxidants, herbs and EFAs while trying to conceive.
I recommend the following excellent fertility products from the Natural fertility shop
Female Fertility Cleanse Kit
Female Pregnancy Preparation kitMale:
Male Factor Formula Kit
Male Fertility Cleanse Kit
I hope this gets you started. I honestly believe that the fertility cleanse is the most important step. Once you start you will notice a difference in your body. In my opinion toxicity is the number one cause of unexplained infertility these days.