Scanty Periods After Abortion & TTC
(Rajkot, Gujrat, India)
My age is 27 and my partner age is 30. We are trying from last one year. Last year I had an abortion..after my abortion it is difficult for me to conceive...after the abortion I am suffering from scanty periods, only for 1 day:(..I am taking homeopathy medicines from 5 months..but no result..my period problem is still same...plz help me.
My first advice is for you to chart your cycle. This will tell you if you are ovulation. I encourage you to download my FREE Guide To Fertility Charting
And Natural Conception in order to learn how to detect your fertility signs. If ovulation is irregular, the endomaterial lining will fail to develop normally, affecting your menstrual flow.
Having scanty menses can mean many things, but hormones need to be checked out by your doctor in order to know what is the real cause. For example, anovulation due to low thyroid hormone, high prolactin, high insulin, and high testosterone level may all cause scanty menses.
A spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) affects different women in different ways. Some women need time to come to terms with the loss and may experience anxiety or depression following the event. This unbalanced mental and emotional state may affect the hormones and consequently the menstrual cycle and the periods even if there are no significant physical symptoms.
After having had an abortion or miscarriage, it may take a few months to restore hormonal balance and have normal periods again, but every woman and every case is different and individual attention is necessary.
After pregnancy loss the following scenarios are possible:
1. In case of very early miscarriage, the periods may start the following month as usual.
2. Normally the menstrual cycle should come back within
4 to 6 weeks. This is usually the case for a first trimester abortion or miscarriage. If the menstrual cycle was irregular before the pregnancy loss, it will take longer to re-establish. It is possible that it may take up to 3 months.
3. If a D&C was performed after the miscarriage, the menstrual cycle, under normal circumstances, is expected to return after one month.
4. In case of an abortion where a D&C was not performed, it will take longer for the flow to return. This time may vary from 6 to 8 weeks.
5. If the pregnancy loss was a stillbirth or the pregnancy, the period may take 3 months to resume its regularity.
6. In very rare cases, if the D&C procedure was done too aggressively, the menstrual periods will change dramatically from how they were previously. This is called Asherman’s syndrome and develops as a result of a vigorous curetting during D&C. The risk increases with multiple abortions. Scar tissue or adhesions form inside the uterus causing scanty menses or even secondary amenorrhea.
Natural health can assist your body in regulating your flow, but make sure to speak to your doctor about finding out the cause. Knowing this will be very useful. If the cause cannot be found the following natural advice will still help you increase support your fertility:
1. Do a fertility Cleanse
2. Follow a healthy diet
3. Practice yoga and meditation every day
4. Take fertility vitamins
5. Do Castor oil packs
and self fertility massage to help break up adhesions.
6. Use enzymatic therapy like Wobenzym
to help break down scar tissue that may prevent healthy menstrual flow.
I hope this helps you. If you need more help do not hesitate to ask.
Comments are posted only after approval. For medical related questions, please talk to your health care practitioner. I will not answer questions on conventional fertility medications. If you are taking any prescription drugs for fertility talk to your doctor. With this website my job is to educate and support you in learning more about natural therapies that can help boost your fertility and prepare for a healthy pregnancy. Please do not submit medical tests or results. If you have questions on your fertility or medical results talk to your doctor. Those questions will not be answered.