Sperm Motility And Sperm Not Liquefying
We have been trying to conceive for 4 years. My husband had a sperm test, results came, that the count was good, but sperm is not liquefying. Is there anything we can do?
Semen viscosity is a parameter of sperm analysis that indicated the ability of sperm to liquefy after about 30 minutes after ejaculation.
This allows the sperm free motility. If the semen does not liquefy or if its consistency remains very thick this indicates that something may be wrong with seminal vesicles and prostate gland. Your doctor will be able to asses if an infection can be the cause of this condition.
Also sperm agglutination or sperm clumping may be associated with poor sperm motility. This means that the sperm bunch up together in clusters when analyzed under a microscope and cannot move freely to reach the egg and fertilize it.
Sperm motility can be affected by:
1. Infections in the semen, making the semen too thick.
2. Poor nutritional environment within the epididymis, where sperm cell mature.
Motility is classified on a 1 to 4 motility scale:Grade 1
sperm are sluggishly with little or no forward motion.Grade 2
sperm move forward, but they are very slow or do
not move in a straight line.Grade 3
sperm move forward properly at a good speed and can fertility an egg. Grade 4
sperm are very fast and very healthy.
Sperm that clump together may indicate that antibodies to the sperm are present. Natural Solutions for Poor Sperm Motility
1. Talk to your doctor and make sure that if you have an infection, this infection gets treated promptly.
2. Consider supplement your healthy diet with fertility vitamins specifically designed to boost sperm motility like FertilAid for men
and Motility Boost
3. Drink lots of water and avoid alcohol, cigarette smoke coffee and carbonated beverages.
4. Keep your genitals cool by avoiding wearing tight underpants and synthetic clothing.
Avoid overheating of the genital area. DO not take saunas or hot baths.
5. Avoid electromagnetic pollution by keeping your cell phone away from your genitals. Avoid putting your cell phone in your pants pocket.
6. If you use a laptop, make sure to place it on a table and not directly on your lap.
7. Avoid dairy products, soy products and refined carbohydrates as these may contribute to poor sperm motility.
I hope this helps you and your husband help solve your situation and improve sperm motility soon.
Comments are posted only after approval. For medical related questions, please talk to your health care practitioner. I will not answer questions on conventional fertility medications. If you are taking any prescription drugs for fertility talk to your doctor. With this website my job is to educate and support you in learning more about natural therapies that can help boost your fertility and prepare for a healthy pregnancy. Please do not submit medical tests or results. If you have questions on your fertility or medical results talk to your doctor. Those questions will not be answered.