Tubal Ligation Reversal At 49
(South Africa Durban)
49years old done T/L 15 years ago husband is 44years can reverse T/L n can I fall pregnant? how much risks?
The possibility of getting pregnant at 49 naturally after tubal ligation reversal surgery depends on the following:
1. The damage of the fallopian tubes when the tubal ligation surgery was originally done as not all cases can be reversed.
2. The tubal ligation surgery success rate is not always 100% as tubal scarring can cause blockages and still prevent pregnancy. This increases the risk of tubal pregnancy.
3. You need to be still ovulating and have regular cycles.
4. Your hormonal levels should be normal.
5. The quality of your eggs should be good.
The truth is that when a woman is closer to 50, she is very close to menopause and the ovarian reserves drop dramatically. The menstrual cycles may become irregular due to hormonal fluctuations and pregnancy, even if possibly, is certainly difficult to achieve naturally.
Also, there is an increased risk of birth defects due to older eggs. The sperm quality should also be assessed. Your husband is 44 and his sperm supply should also be tested for count and motility.
My advice is to talk to a reproductive endocrinologist and have all the required fertility testing done for both you and your husband. After that you will be able to assess the situation and decide what to do.
If natural pregnancy is not possible, you have the option of going through IVF treatments.
Comments are posted only after approval. For medical related questions, please talk to your health care practitioner. I will not answer questions on conventional fertility medications. If you are taking any prescription drugs for fertility talk to your doctor. With this website my job is to educate and support you in learning more about natural therapies that can help boost your fertility and prepare for a healthy pregnancy. Please do not submit medical tests or results. If you have questions on your fertility or medical results talk to your doctor. Those questions will not be answered.