Fertility Vitamins for Women: Supplementing Your Diet with Vitamins Can Help You Conceive!
Why You Should Take Fertility Vitamins Before Getting PregnantFertility vitamins for women are very important before conception, don't wait for your midwife or doctor to recommend prenatal vitamins at your first prenatal visit, start taking fertility vitamins at least 4 months before getting pregnant. Many fertility issues are related to vitamin and mineral deficiencies, so by taking fertility vitamins you insure a healthy conception preventing birth defects related to a lack of vitamins.
1. Vitamins Are Required for Embryo DevelopmentVitamins and minerals are necessary for embryo development, especially during the first 3-5 weeks of pregnancy, when most women don't know that they are pregnant already.
Folic acid is the most important vitamin for early development of the neural tube. The lack of this vitamin can cause serious birth defects. When the neural tube fails to close at the top, the baby is born with a small brain and cannot survive. When the neural tube fails to close at the bottom, the baby will develop Spina Bifida and the degree of severity will vary.
By taking folic acid prior to getting pregnant and during pregnancy, women can decrease the risk of having a baby with a neural defect because folic acid is required for proper spinal cord and brain development. Each trying to conceive woman should take at least 400 micrograms of folic acid each day, while a woman who has had a baby with Spina bifida, has been on birth control, has been a smoker, should take 1-4 g of folic acid a day.
2. Vitamin and Mineral Prevent Deficiency When Coming Off The PillEvery woman, especially if on birth control medication should take folic acid to prevent neural tube defects. Birth control medication is believed to interfere with the synthesis of B vitamins. So, women that have been on birth control for many years can be lacking important B vitamins like B6 and folate.
If you have just come off the pill in order to conceive, make sure to give yourself enough time to replenish your mineral and vitamin storage. Wait at least 3-4 months before trying to conceive. Other important nutrients are Vitamins C, E, and K are also needed in higher amounts. Minerals like copper increases while zinc decreases while on birth control pills. So, make sure your fertility vitamins formula has zinc in at least 15-30 mg.
3.Your Body Needs Minerals and Vitamins for Healthy ReproductionSupplements for fertility are an important aspect of the pre-conception period. In order to increase ovarian and uterine health you need specific vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, B, C, calcium, zinc, chromium, magnesium, iron, etc.
4. Vitamins Are Very Important During Early PregnancyDuring pregnancy, the need for minerals and vitamins increases and since you probably will not know that you are pregnant until you are 2-3 weeks, it is a very good idea to start supplementing your healthy diet before you try to conceive in order to prevent deficiency.
The vitamins needed by the mother and the baby include thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folate and vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E and K. Animal studies have shown how adequate amounts of these vitamins can cause cleft palate, hydrocephalus, brain, kidney, eye, and limb malformations.
It is also important to point out that large amounts, fat-soluble vitamins like A and D can cause birth defects. Do not take vitamin A in daily doses of 10,000 international units or more. Most women are deficient of vitamin D as a result of sun screen use and indoor living. Taking the sun is the best way to make adequate amounts of vitamin D the body needs. You should take a minimum of 400 IU of Vitamin D a day. Do not exceed 1,000 IU a day unless your Doctor has done blood tests to establish deficiency.
5. Vitamins Support Reproductive HealthVitamins for women during the preconception period should be specifically tailored to increase ovulation, support the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle and most of all replenish the body from any deficiency.
Man and women have very different vitamin and mineral requirements because their hormonal system and reproductive organs are quite different. So, both partners should be taking fertility vitamins while trying to get pregnant.
6. Vitamins Create Hormonal BalanceVitamins for women should support the production of the female hormones. Estrogen and the follicle stimulating hormone during the first half of the menstrual cycle and progesterone, luteinizing hormone during the second half of the cycle. Vitamin B6 and B12 are necessary for healthy ovulation and iron, iodine and magnesium are necessary for healthy menstruation.
FertilAid for WomenFertility vitamins should contain important key minerals and vitamins in order to support the female reproductive organs.
If you are looking for high quality vitamins for women, FertiAid fertility vitamins for women is a very excellent choice because they were specifically developed to balance female hormones, support ovulation and provide important minerals that support proper cellular metabolism helping absorption of fertility nutrients.
FertilAid Special IngredientsMany women consider these the best vitamins for women's fertility. I like this formula in particular because it also contains important herbal remedies like Vitex that stimulate, regulate and nourish the ovaries and the uterus, acting as an excellent reproductive tonic.
Another reason why I like this formula so much is because it contains all the important minerals to promote fertility in the right amounts: iron, zinc, selenium, copper, magnesium, and iodine. This minerals support thyroid function, ovulation, embryo implantation and hormonal balance.
Minerals are important cofactors in many metabolic functions that support cellular metabolism and cell division. I strongly believe that in many infertile couples today the leading cause of unexplained infertility is minerals and vitamins deficiencies (and stress of course!). Resolving this mineral and vitamin imbalances will definitely result in healthy pregnancies.
Return from Vitamin for Women to Fertility Vitamins
Return to Natural Health for Fertility Home Page
Copyright© 2009-2013 Natural-Health-for-Fertility.com Maria Gioia Atzori All rights reserved.