Sign Up for my FREE Fertility eBook & eCourse
Endometriosis Surgery: Do You Need Surgery To Treat Endometriosis?
Endometriosis surgery is performed by laparoscopy. This type of procedure is used to diagnose and remove endometriosis. It is done by making small abdominal incisions through which the surgeon inserts and instrument called the laparoscope.
This instrument allows him to view the internal organs and look for signs of endometriosis scarring, adhesions and more.
There is no certainty that endometriosis surgery will improve fertility. The rate of success is higher with mild endometriosis stages.
The rate of pregnancy after endometriosis surgery is higher but there are no guarantees. In vitro fertilization may be recommended if pregnancy is not achieved within 18 months after surgery.
Not all women need to go through surgery especially if they take some time, at least 6 months, to use natural treatments. In my opinion this is worth before resorting to surgery.
The problem with many women is that after surgery, endometriosis comes back because surgery does not address the root cause of endometriosis, which seems to be due to the hormonal stimulation of bad estrogens and immune system dysfunctions.
I know that you have been promised that endometriosis surgery will solve your problem, but be careful!
My advice is to have surgery but also follow a natural endometriosis diet and support the uterine lining and your hormones with herbal remedies, like EndoEx.
Endometriosis Surgery & Treatment Procedures
Endometriosis is diagnosed using a surgical procedure called laparoscopy, during which your doctor will cut away any endometrial tissue using a laser.
Treatment with laparoscopy is more difficult with advanced endometriosis, where the endometrial implants are located around major organs or involve a large area. This procedure is called laparotomy.
Draining, drug therapy, and surgery is the usual approach, when the endometriomas are first drained, treated with medication, and later removed by surgery. All of these have potential risks and side effects.
Simple puncture is used to treat endometriomas and drain the fluid from the cyst. Endometriomas may recur in more than 50 % of the women treated this way. However, a more aggressive surgical approach, such as cutting away the mass, can cause large adhesions.
Adhesions involve the formation of scar tissue that may prevent the ovary from releasing an egg. Your surgeon should be very skilled in doing this procedure to avoid complications and prevent infertility.
Ablation removes the cysts at its base with laser or electrosurgery. This procedur eis more effective, but the heat can also damage the ovary.
Cutting away of the cyst wall is used in order to decrease recurrence of endometriosis. This procedure can also damage the outer layer of the ovary that contains the eggs. It is often risky in women who want to get pregnant.
What To Expect
1. Before your endometriosis surgery, you will advised not to eat or drink anything for at least 8 to 10 hours.
2. You will receive general anesthesia most likely.
3. A gas like carbon dioxide will be used to inflate the abdomen in order to push the abdominal wall away from the organs allowing optimal viewing.
4. Endometriosis surgery is done through laparoscopy. During this procedure, the laparoscope is inserted to view the location of the endometrial implants. Other incision will be made if necessary. Endometriosis is removed through excisions, electrocautery or laser beam.
5. The entire procedure may take about 60 minutes depending on the severity of the endometriosis.
6. The incision will have a few stitches and very little scarring will be noticed after they heal.
7. You will be kept in the hospital for one day and will be able to return to normalcy within two weeks.
Why Is Endometriosis Surgery Performed?
Endometriosis surgery is performed for the following reasons:
1. Severe endometriosis that interferes with the functioning of the affected organs.
2. Severe endometriosis pain that does not respond to treatment.
3. Presence of endometrioma, which is endometriosis cyst on the ovary.
4. Infertility is caused by severe endometriosis.
What are The Risks of Endometriosis Surgery?
The following are the possible risks associated with endometriosis surgery:
1. Pelvic infections.
2. Bleeding as a result of large incisions.
3. Scar tissue from surgery.
4. Damage to the organs (bowel, bladder, ureters).
5. Endometriosis can return after surgery.
Herbal Remedy To Support The Endometrium
If you are suffering from endometriosis it is very important to support the heath of the endometrium and the uterus.
Taking herbal remedies, like EndoEx is a very effective way to keep the inflammation of the endometrium at bay. I recommend this herbal remedy to help reduce the symptoms of endometriosis and also decrease the spreading of the endometrial tissue.
It contains important key herbs like:
1. Vitex agnus-castus and Angelica senensis for hormonal balance.
2. Silybum marianus and Dioscorea villosa for liver detox in eliminating excess estrogen.
3. Viburnum homeopathic remedy for specific endometrial support.
Homeopathic remedies are very effective in helping reduce endometriosis damage to the reproductive organs.
The following remedies can prevent the need for surgery if taken for a number of months under supervision by a professional homeopath.
They assist the body to break down scar tissues and treat endometriosis pain.
The following protocol should be done a couple of months. It will help decrease endometriosis and should be followed for 3 to 6 months.
Folliculinum 7C to balance the hormones (from day 7 to day 28).
Thiosinaminum 6X to break down scar tissue, especially if present in the fallopian tubes.
Arnica 12X to reabsorb tissue and helps reabsorb blood. Also helos for the trauma of surgery and pain. In this case Arnica 200CH is best.
Bellis perennis 12C to heal abdominal trauma, weak blood flow to the uterus. Uterus sore as if squeezed. After surgery Bellis Perennis 200CH is helpful in healing soft tissue trauma.
Viburum 12X for membranous dysmenorrhea (painful periods), excruciating crams, frequent early miscarriages due to endometriosis.
Homeopathic Remedies to Heal After Endometriosis Surgery
If you decide that surgery is what you need to do, you can use homeopathic remedies to speed up healing.
The pain following endometriosis surgery is cause by the use of carbon dioxide to enlarge the abdominal cavity.
The gas becomes trapped inside causing great discomfort. The following remedies can help you heal faster after endometriosis surgery:
Calendula officinalis for healing incisions. Use calendula cream locally.
Bellis perennis 30CH or best 200CH for pelvic organ surgery, trauma to internal organs.
Arnica montana 200 CH for pain, trauma, and bruised feeling.
Carbo vegetabilis for trapped gas inside of the body as a result of carbon dioxide use.
Pyrogenium 9CH for low grade fever.
Phosphorus 30 CH for nausea and vomiting after surgery.
Ferrum Phosphoricum 6X for blood loss, anemia and weakness.
Affirmations for Endometriosis Surgery
If after surgery you feel anxious and really concerned about the results of your procedure, these affirmations will be able to help you feel calmer and relaxed:
1. I am healing faster and faster every second that goes by.
2. My body is very efficient in healing itself.
3. The endometriosis surgery was successful with no side effects.
4. I feel better and better because my body is healing fast.
5. I take good care of my body and my body responds with speeding recovery.
6. My reproductive organs are healthy and endometriosis free.
7. The endometrial implants were all successfully removed.
8. There is healing and wholeness within my body.
9. Every cell in my body carries a healthy frequency.
10. I no longer suffer from endometriosis.
11. I willingly release the energy blocks that prevent my body from healing.
12. My angels bring healing golden and white light to my reproductive organs.
13. My guardian angels protect me. I am safe and I am well.
14. My body inner healing capacity are free to create magic within my body.
15. I release all the mental and emotional blocks that prevent me from fully enjoy my body and my life.
16. I am healed in body, mind and spirit.
17. The endometrial implants are breaking down and leaving my body.
18. No endometriosis is present within my body.
19. I am free and I am whole.
20. I am new, starting from today.
Visualization for Endometriosis Surgery
You can use a guided imagery CD or a relaxation music CD every day before and after endometriosis surgery to help you relax and reach a deep state of relaxation.
The following is a simple yet powerful healing visualization for endometriosis surgery that will help you with this task:
Meditation for Endometriosis Surgery
1. Visualize a white light entering your body through your heart chakra, located in the center of your chest. See and feel this light bathing every cell, tissue, and pelvic organ.
See the endometrial implants literally lifting from their location. With the power of your visual mind move them away from your body. See them disintegrate into white light.
Visualize a beautiful healing angel coming closer to you and see how the angel uses his hands to infuse white healing light right into your reproductive organs to cleanse them.
Give thanks to the Angel.
2. Visualize other angels bringing you different healing colors like orange to prevent infections, blue to soothe and relax your muscles and nerves, emerald green to speed up healing, and pink to bring you reassurance to your heart and universal love.
3. You are a beautiful child of the universe. Let the universal love heal you with its light energy.
Allow healing within your body to occur. Do not resist, just let go of the pain, the suffering, the sadness the struggles. Let go of all the fear, uncertainty, and negative emotions.
Forgive yourself for whatever you feel guilty in your life. These negative emotions no longer serve your life purpose. Let go, you are healed and renewed.
In many cases endometriosis will came back after having had surgery in 20%-30% of the cases within 5 years.
Medication and surgery do have side effects and don’t work for everyone. Researchers are continuing to investigate new and improved treatment strategies.
One area of study is focusing on the role of the immune system in the development of endometriosis and hormonal balance. All areas that can be treated naturally without side effects.
If you suffer from moderate endometriosis or had endometriosis surgery and want to prevent endometriosis from re-occurring, The EndoWise Fertility Kit can help.
This kit is designed specifically to help women who are trying to conceive and suffer from endometriosis. It contains all the natural supplements and vitamins necessary for health endometrium while trying to conceive with endometriosis.
It helps clear the body from excess endometrial tissue, balance the hormones, support the immune system, bring circulation to the reproductive system, and prepare the body for conception.
You will need to take vitamins, herbs, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, fertility superfoods, and nutrients to help support a healthy body and reproductive system specifically for women with endometriosis.
It is advisable to begin with the Fertility Cleanse Kit to help eliminate the side effects of excess hormones especially xenoestrogens.
It is a complete endometriosis program that utilizes:
1. Natural bio-identical progesterone cream to counterbalance the negative effects of excess estrogen, the leading cause of endometriosis growth.
2. DIM, a powerful plant nutrient known to support hormonal balance by breaking down estrogen and removing it from the body.
3. Enzymatic therapy for assisting the body in healing complications arising from endometriosis like scars and adhesions.
4. Herbal therapy formulated to go to the source of the problem and help the body balance the hormones and reduce excess estrogen that fuels abnormal growth.
5. Fertility cleanse in preparation for conception, focussing on clearing out imbalances while nourishing and balancing the uterus. The cleanse is meant to support detoxification of the liver of excess hormones and toxins. Assists the uterus in cleansing out old blood and clots and reduce inflammation.
6. Self fertility massage and castor oil therapy to reduce the effects of endometriosis and reduce scars and adhesions in the uterus ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Learn more here...
If you are considering endometriosis surgery, my advise is to make sure you have all the information you need and are aware of the possible side effects. Talk to your doctor and do not be afraid to ask questions and voice your concerns about relapse and side effects.
If you want to give a natural approach a try before surgery consider it as a way to decrease endometriosis and reduce the extent of your surgery, help with the recovery and prevent relapse.
Return from Endometriosis Surgery to Endometriosis Symptoms
Return to Natural Health for Fertility Home Page