Infertility: Evening Primrose Oil, Low FSH an LH
I've been trying to conceive for the last 7 yrs. I was diagnosed with PCOS (mild) and endometriosis (stage 1) some yrs ago.
I did many fertility treatments including 2 cycles of IVF but still failed to get pregnant. In between the 2 cycles of IVF, I was seeing a TCM.
I've been seeing a TCM for at least 3 yrs and changed 4 doctors. Now, I'm still seeing a TCM (coz I've heard many good reviews abt TCM to treat infertility) practioner and this latest one since February.
Just last week, I went for to do an infertility studies to see if the medication was working on me. My last period was on Sept 25.
1. Did I go do my infertility blood test at the right time?
2. My test results showed that my FSH(1.5IU/L), LH (0.9 IU/L), Prolactin(6.8ug/L), Estradiol (804 pmol/L), Progestrone(56.1 nmol/L), HCG(<2 U/L)
3. My TCM practitioner suggested that I should take lots of soya bean drink and also suggested me taking EPO. I'm taking GNC EPO(1300mg x 2 daily). I was taking EPO regularly since 1 yr+ ago but in the recent 2 mths, I did not take it diligently. I'd like to seek your expert advise if this is the right path (drinking soya bean and taking EPO).
4. I was doing accupunture for good 8 mths (with 3 times weekly) but stopped for the past 3-4 mths.
With my latest blood test results showing very low FSH & LH reading makes me feel real lost and confused. I do not know what to do next! Please help me! Please advise me!
Someone desperate from MalaysiaAnswer
FSH levels during the follicular or luteal phase should range between 5 and 20 IU/L (international units per liter.) Right before ovulation during the mid-cycle peak, FSH levels should be between 30 and 50 IU/L.
High levels of FSH are related to poor
ovarian response, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or peri-menopause. Low levels of FSH can indicate that eggs are not being produced. This can be due to malfunctioning of the pituitary gland often related to high stress levels. Women who are undeweight also experience absent periods as a result.
Evening Primrose Oil or EPO helps women conceive because it lowers cholesterol, has anti-inflammatory properties aiding in PMS and painful menses. It also increases production of fertile cervical mucus. This is a good supplement to take.
Drinking soy is not always recommended in women who have hormonal imbalaces, it can cause early miscarriage and I would avoid it.
There are many things that can be done naturally to support the pituitary and hypothalamus glands:
1. EFAs like EPO.
2. Take fertility foods like Maca, Bee pollen, Spirulina, Tribulus.
3. Do a fertility cleanse
4. Do acupuncture and learn how to do a self-fertility massage
. This is excellent!
5. Release stress! Learn meditation for fertility
. I also love The Circle & Bloom Program
If you are stressed out, this is what you need! Your mind and your body , REALLY work together to re-establish hormonal balance.