Why haven't my Wife and I had a child yet?
(Lakewood, WA, USA)
Hello I am 40 yrs old and my wife is 29 and although we have been together for over 5 yrs we have no child yet. Every time I think she's pregnant I am let down when she's not. I had a low sperm count at one point in my life but don't think that is the case anymore.
One thing is that I had veracose seals on my penis and had a ligation preformed and then after that I went on testosterone patches for low testosterone.
I have been off the testosterone patch since august so I can try and have a child. No results as of yet. I am in the US Army also.
Please help me as this is a really big thing for me and a heartbreaking fact everyday that I haven't given my wife a child.Answer:
I can feel your pain. Not often male infertility is given the right support and care.
Considering your history, I would recommend testing for low sperm count and sperm motility.
In the mean time, make sure to do the following:
1. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
2. Do nor weak close-fitting underwear.
3. Keep your laptop or cell phone away from your genitals.
4. Drink lots of water (avoid tap water and carbonated beverages).
5. Follow the fertility diet.
6. Avoid saunas and hot tubs while trying to conceive (especially during the fertile window).
7. Have sex using the
missionary position that allows for deep penetration and deposits the sperm closer to the cervix.
8. Your wife should avoid douching and only use sperm friendly lubricants. I recommend Pre-seed.
It is important to have sex as close as possible to intercourse.
10. Your wife should chart her cycle, download my FREE Guide To Fertility Charting & Natural Fertility
11. If planning intercourse is hard to do, I would recommend Ovacue fertility monitor
that gives couple as much as 5-7 days in advance when ovulation is likely to occur giving sufficient time of plan intercourse.
12. Use a home sperm check
to know if your sperm count is low. The test done at the doctor’s office is much more accurate, but this gives an indication of potential sperm count issues.
13. If sperm count is low, take fertility vitamins for men
in conjunction with CountBoost supplement
14. Your wife should also take fertility vitamins
to support healthy ovulatory cycles and increase production of cervical mucus. Having lots of cervical mucus during intercourse indicates that ovulation is approaching and having during this time increases the chances of conceiving as fertile cervical mucus keeps sperm alive and well for up to 3-5 days.
15. Take FertileDetox
as this helps eliminate toxins from your body that might decrease testosterone levels and decrease the quality of the sperm.
I hope these steps give you a good place to start so that you can be successful soon.